Wednesday, July 15, 2009

catching up...

it's been a while since I've taken time to be on the computer, either with facebook, or this blog thing. I can't say that i've missed it much. I can't compete in the blogging world. Melanie is so witty in hers, i either laugh or cry when i read her posts, most of the time both. Both Melanie and Makelle post pictures regularly and do well at keeping a record. They have better music too. So, since I know i can't keep up with either of them, I'm going to continue to do my best, in a nut shell style.

The garden is starting to produce. we've been getting onions for a while, the peas just finished, and we've been enjoying the berries the longest. we are going to have a bumper crop of tomatoes this year and we're all looking forward to that. The children have spent quite a bit of time outside since summer has started. The sadbox has been a big hit, we made it during a long weekend in May. the first week out of school we spent a day on the Columbia River, riding on the Sternwheeler. Mae, Ryan, and I rode, while Owen drove a good portion of the trip. It was a real treat for him. We hiked to the top of Multnomah falls that day as well. Shortly after that we started watching owen's classmate, Nolan, and Nolan's younger sister Corah. they come over a couple times a week. We haven't done a lot of structured things, but it seems like every day has been filled to the max.

Ryan and I enjoyed a weekend out in Mitchell for our stake youth conference. Dad and Ed Turpin went too, so we hung out with them during the day, Scott and Makelle were with us as well. We stopped in to see Mark and Jennifer on the way there, and joined them and dad for truck stop on the way back. Aubrey went with us and we were pleased at how well she made friends. Ryan caught crawdads, and he and Scott worked with Ed on the black powder rifle shooting, while Makelle and I mostly hung out with dad and the tomohawk throwing. I spent a bunch of time nagging the youth about sunscreen and applying aloe. I ended up getting a little pink myself, although I applied sunscreen every day. Friday was the long day, and I wore a pioneer dress that I MADE ALL BY MYSELF. I think Dad really liked having us around. He wants us to join him on more of his jobs. I think it's because we made the break down job so easy on him. I was very proud of dad on this trip, he did a great job with the youth, and being in dad's camp was a real highlight for some of them. One of the youth even talked about him from the pulpit the following Sunday.

Ryan is out of town again, in SLC. I say again, but he only goes for a few days once a month, it really is no big deal. It's certainly a lot better having him here, but his travel is so minimal compared to what we could have to deal with.

We're getting ready for the family reunion next week. I wanted to get some things done before hand, but they were creative projects and I am all creatived out. (I know that's not a word Melanie, if you've stayed awake enough to read this far...)

that's all. I don't have much more to say. I'm wondering if this is even worthy of the publish button... hugs and kisses to everyone who take the time to read this. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Demaris... Atleast you keep a blog.. dont be so hard on yourself! I think its grweat.. dont compare yourself to others... just know that othere people compare themselves to you!

    ReplyDelete